Beach Pretty Food & Drink: Light and Flavorful Salads to Love All Summer Long
Fresh fruit is back in season, and the salads we chose to share with you look so fresh and wonderful to the eye and tastes even better!
Strawberry Goat Cheese Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup cooked tricolor quinoa
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped fresh mint (depending on love of mint)
- 1/4 cup crunch sprouted grains
- 6 medium sized fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2-1 teaspoons Trivia sweetener ( depending of strawberry sweetness, or substitute a trivia substitute.
In a large bowl gently mix together all ingredients.
Gently toss with dressing just until the salad is moistened. You can also serve the dressing on the side if desired.
In a blender add strawberries, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sweetener. Blend on high until smooth. If the dressing is too thick simply add a bit more oil. Serves 4.
Recipe created by: Nutmeg Nanny
Grilled Pineapple Chicken and Avocado Salad
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced into 1-inch thick rings
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh blueberies
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- quarter of a red onion, thinly sliced
- honey garlic vinaigrette
Honey Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 3/4 cup avocado oil (or any mild-flavored oil)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
Brush the chicken on both sides with olive oil, then season generously with salt and pepper.
Preheat your outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Place pineapple slices and chicken breasts on grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through, and no longer pink on the inside. Remove pineapple and chicken and let cool for at least 10 minutes. Then slice chicken into strips, and cut pineapple into chunks.
In a large bowl, toss together spinach, blueberries, feta, red onion pineapple and chicken until combined. Whisk again until blended, then drizzle over salad.
Recipe created by Gimme Some Oven
Grilled Shrimp Salad with Cilantro Verde Dressing
- 4 cups leafy green lettuce (we used spinach)
- 1 lb. uncooked, tail on shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning
- 1 red pepper
- feta or gorgonzola cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- cilantro verde dressing
Rinse the shrimp in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Place shrimp in a large plastic bag and add cajun seasoning. Toss to coat.
Warm a little olive oil in a small fry pan. Dice the red pepper and saute in the fry pan until it begins to soften.
Grill the shrimp over medium heat, it only needs a few minutes on each side. Shrimp should be pink and cooked through.
Place lettuce into individual bowls and top with the roasted red peppers, cheese, tomatoes, grilled shrimp and drizzle with cilantro verde dressing.
Cilantro Verde Dressing
- 1 cup bottled salsa verde (we use Herdez)
- 1 (0.4 oz) packet of buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- dash of tabasco
Put all ingredients in and blend until smooth. Keep Refrigerated.
Created by Favorite Family Recipes